About the e-Book
Health and Social Work pdf
This new text illuminates the essential information about health and social work critical to understanding today’s complex health care systems and policies. Chapters highlight current practice, policy, and research in different settings and with special populations. Readers learn how to advocate for the individuals, families, and communities they serve to help improve health and well-being for all. All those interested in micro, mezzo, and macro practices in a health care setting will appreciate this rich resource.
- Each chapter speaks to the interconnections between practice, policy, and research and how they are integrated to inform social work and health.
- Unique chapters dedicated to special populations such as children and families, older adults, immigrants, persons with HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities provide a deeper understanding of the health care issues specific to these groups.
- Thorough coverage of the role of social workers in a variety of settings such as substance abuse, correctional systems, public health, and integrated behavioral health care.
- An in-depth discussion of the values and ethical issues in a health care environment.
- An intersectionality lens used throughout promotes a greater understanding of a client’s multiple status of race, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, education level, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identification.
- Detailed case examples developed by professionals in the field in Parts II and III accompanied by discussion questions further enhance an understanding of the issues.
- Online instructor’s resources including PowerPoints, discussion questions, case studies, and a sample syllabus.
Intended as a core text for MSW and advanced BSW courses on health and social work, social work practice in health care, health and wellness, or integrative behavioral health taught in social work, public health, or gerontology programs, this book is also of value in social work practice courses that focus on health care and special populations. Social workers practicing in the health care field will also appreciate this book.
Preview Health and Social Work Pdf
Download Health and Social Work 1st Edition Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
The Psychiatric Interview in Clinical Practice