Page Count238 Pages
About the e-Book
IBM SPSS Modeler Essentials pdf
Get to grips with the fundamentals of data mining and predictive analytics with IBM SPSS Modeler
- Get up–and-running with IBM SPSS Modeler without going into too much depth.
- Identify interesting relationships within your data and build effective data mining and predictive analytics solutions
- A quick, easy–to-follow guide to give you a fundamental understanding of SPSS Modeler, written by the best in the business
IBM SPSS Modeler allows users to quickly and efficiently use predictive analytics and gain insights from your data. With almost 25 years of history, Modeler is the most established and comprehensive Data Mining workbench available. Since it is popular in corporate settings, widely available in university settings, and highly compatible with all the latest technologies, it is the perfect way to start your Data Science and Machine Learning journey.
This book takes a detailed, step-by-step approach to introducing data mining using the de facto standard process, CRISP-DM, and Modeler’s easy to learn “visual programming” style. You will learn how to read data into Modeler, assess data quality, prepare your data for modeling, find interesting patterns and relationships within your data, and export your predictions. Using a single case study throughout, this intentionally short and focused book sticks to the essentials. The authors have drawn upon their decades of teaching thousands of new users, to choose those aspects of Modeler that you should learn first, so that you get off to a good start using proven best practices.
This book provides an overview of various popular data modeling techniques and presents a detailed case study of how to use CHAID, a decision tree model. Assessing a model’s performance is as important as building it; this book will also show you how to do that. Finally, you will see how you can score new data and export your predictions. By the end of this book, you will have a firm understanding of the basics of data mining and how to effectively use Modeler to build predictive models.
What you will learn
- Understand the basics of data mining and familiarize yourself with Modeler’s visual programming interface
- Import data into Modeler and learn how to properly declare metadata
- Obtain summary statistics and audit the quality of your data
- Prepare data for modeling by selecting and sorting cases, identifying and removing duplicates, combining data files, and modifying and creating fields
- Assess simple relationships using various statistical and graphing techniques
- Get an overview of the different types of models available in Modeler
- Build a decision tree model and assess its results
- Score new data and export predictions
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for those who are new to SPSS Modeler and want to start using it as quickly as possible, without going into too much detail. An understanding of basic data mining concepts will be helpful, to get the best out of the book.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Data Mining
- The Basics of Using Modeler
- Importing Data into Modeler
- Data Quality and Exploration
- Cleaning and Selecting Data
- Combining Data Files
- Combining and Restructuring Data
- Looking for Relationships between Fields
- Introduction to Modeling Options in IBM SPSS Modeler
- Decision Tree Models
- Model Assessment and Scoring
Preview IBM SPSS Modeler Essentials Pdf
Download IBM SPSS Modeler Essentials 1st Edition Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Kali Linux Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner's Guide
Unity 2017 Mobile Game Development