Page Count286 Pages
About the e-Book
Statistics for Data Science pdf
Get your statistics basics right before diving into the world of data science
About This Book
- No need to take a degree in statistics, read this book and get a strong statistics base for data science and real-world programs;
- Implement statistics in data science tasks such as data cleaning, mining, and analysis
- Learn all about probability, statistics, numerical computations, and more with the help of R programs
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those developers who are willing to enter the field of data science and are looking for concise information of statistics with the help of insightful programs and simple explanation. Some basic hands on R will be useful.
What You Will Learn
- Analyze the transition from a data developer to a data scientist mindset
- Get acquainted with the R programs and the logic used for statistical computations
- Understand mathematical concepts such as variance, standard deviation, probability, matrix calculations, and more
- Learn to implement statistics in data science tasks such as data cleaning, mining, and analysis
- Learn the statistical techniques required to perform tasks such as linear regression, regularization, model assessment, boosting, SVMs, and working with neural networks
- Get comfortable with performing various statistical computations for data science programmatically
Data science is an ever-evolving field, which is growing in popularity at an exponential rate. Data science includes techniques and theories extracted from the fields of statistics; computer science, and, most importantly, machine learning, databases, data visualization, and so on.
This book takes you through an entire journey of statistics, from knowing very little to becoming comfortable in using various statistical methods for data science tasks. It starts off with simple statistics and then move on to statistical methods that are used in data science algorithms. The R programs for statistical computation are clearly explained along with logic. You will come across various mathematical concepts, such as variance, standard deviation, probability, matrix calculations, and more. You will learn only what is required to implement statistics in data science tasks such as data cleaning, mining, and analysis. You will learn the statistical techniques required to perform tasks such as linear regression, regularization, model assessment, boosting, SVMs, and working with neural networks.
By the end of the book, you will be comfortable with performing various statistical computations for data science programmatically.
Style and approach
Step by step comprehensive guide with real world examples
Table of Contents
- Transitioning from Data Developer to Data Scientist
- Declaring the Objectives
- A Developer's Approach to Data Cleaning
- Data Mining and the Database Developer
- Statistical Analysis for the Database Developer
- Database Progression to Database Regression
- Regularization for Database Improvement
- Database Development and Assessment
- Databases and Neural Networks
- Boosting your Database
- Database Classification using Support Vector Machines
- Database Structures and Machine Learning
Preview Statistics for Data Science Pdf
Download Statistics for Data Science 1st Edition Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Wireshark Revealed: Essential Skills for IT Professionals